For many people, excess fat under the chin will not respond to diet and exercise. Whether caused by weight gain, genetics, or aging, a double chin can detract from the graceful contours of the neck and jawline. Fat under the chin can make a person appear older, heavier, and less attractive.
Kybella is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment that destroys fat cells under the chin to improve facial profile. Dr. Dino Elyassnia performs minimally-invasive Kybella treatments in San Francisco to reduce fullness under the chin and create a more youthful, aesthetically pleasing appearance.
How Does Kybella Work?
Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body. It aids in breakdown and absorption of the fats we consume in our diets. The active ingredient in Kybella is a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid.
When injected into fat deposits under the chin, Kybella destroys fat cells and can noticeably reduce submental (under the chin) fullness. When the fat cells have been destroyed, they are no longer able to store fat. Once you have achieved your cosmetic goals with Kybella, it is not expected that any further treatment will be needed.
Many people are bothered as much by fullness under the chin as they are by wrinkles around the eyes. Excess fat that accumulates under the chin, between the muscles, bones, and tendons or between the skin and the muscle, can be extremely stubborn and resistant to even vigorous exercise and dieting.
Submental fullness does not necessarily go hand-in-hand with being overweight. It is a common cosmetic problem with several possible causes, including:
- Aging: As we grow older, the skin loses elasticity. When the skin under the chin begins to sag, submental fullness is more likely to occur.
- Genetics: Even a person with a healthy lifestyle who maintains a normal weight may be predisposed by genetics to develop a double chin.
- Weight gain: With weight gain, fat deposits may form under the chin and remain despite exercise and weight loss later.
If you are plagued with excess fat under the chin that refuses to respond to your fitness efforts, Kybella may be the right solution for you. Some of the benefits of this innovative treatment include:
- No surgery required: Kybella is a minimally-invasive treatment that can be performed in the doctor’s office in approximately 15 or 20 minutes. The area under the chin is numbed with local anesthetic before the injections are performed.
- No downtime: After this quick procedure, you can return to work and your normal activities immediately. As Kybella treatments do not require anesthesia, you will not need to wait for grogginess to wear off or have someone else drive you home.
- Look pounds slimmer: By reducing a double chin Kybella can make the jawline appear slimmer and more defined. This treatment creates the appearance of losing weight for many patients.
- FDA-approved: Before a procedure is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), it must be tested in scientific studies, with the results presented to and assessed by the FDA. Kybella is currently the only treatment approved for reducing submental fat.
- Long-lasting results: Kybella causes destruction of fat cells when it is injected under the chin. Once the fat cells are destroyed, they can no longer store and accumulate fat. You will not have to worry that your double chin will return.
How Are Kybella
Kybella injections may only be performed by a health-care professional specially trained in administering the treatment. After numbing the area with local anesthetic, Dr. Dino Elyassnia will give you several small Kybella injections under your chin in the areas where unsightly fat has been deposited. The process takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
How Many Kybella Injections
and Treatments Are Needed?
The number of injections performed in each treatment session will depend on your aesthetic goals and the quantity of fat you have under your chin. The number of treatment sessions needed varies from patient to patient. When you come to Dr. Dino Elyassnia for Kybella in the Bay Area, he will determine the number of treatments you need based on submental fat distribution and your personal goals.
If necessary, patients can receive up to six treatments, although many people require fewer treatments. Kybella treatment sessions are performed at least one month apart. You will see a visible reduction in your double chin in the weeks following each treatment session.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Kybella?
Kybella is a quick, non-surgical treatment with no downtime that can be performed during your lunch hour. You may be a good candidate for Kybella if you:
- Exercise and eat well but still have fat deposits under the chin
- Are self-conscious, embarrassed, or unhappy about submental fullness
- Feel that your double chin makes you look older and heavier than you actually are
- Do not want to undergo surgery or liposuction to correct the problem
What Are the Advantages of Kybella Treatments?
Many men and women who are slender overall are dealing with a double chin. The submental region is one of the areas where stubborn fat deposits tend to accumulate and persist.
Natural Shedding of Fat Cells
During the few weeks after a treatment, the active ingredients in Kybella destroy fat cells under the chin. The body naturally eliminates the destroyed fat cells, and submental fullness is reduced. A double chin can leave you looking older and overweight. Kybella in San Francisco can restore a slimmer, more youthful, well-defined appearance to the neck and jawline.
The Fat Cells are Gone Forever
The beauty of this treatment is that, once the fat cells are destroyed and eliminated by the body, they are gone for good. Once you have achieved your cosmetic goals with Kybella injections, no further treatments will be needed and you can say a permanent goodbye to your double chin.
Reduce a Double Chin Without Surgery
If you are bothered by submental fat but are not ready for downtime or to undergo invasive surgery, Kybella in San Francisco may be the right treatment option for you. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Dino Elyassnia to find out if you are a good candidate for this minimally-invasive procedure.